灰色地带

是对是错, 是黑是白, 是好是坏. 都没有答案, 只有灰色的无奈...

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

From KL to San Diego

Seems like a dream but I am sitting in the good ol Residence Inn of Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego. To think that less than 72 hours or 8000 miles ago, i was still having nasi lemak at Madam Kwan's in KLCC. Ha, the wonders of modern technology...

I have always dreaded the long flight over the Pacific. 7 hours to Narita and 8-9 hours to LAX. Cramming in a dehyrating cocoon for that many hours was not an enjoyable experience. Airline food was no mouth-watering cusine either. And somehow I always got seats next to the wings. Never mind there was no view, we were flying over an ocean, what was there to see? But those engines under the wings, gosh were they loud! I hardly slept a wink with all the constant dronning.

Long queues at the immigration checkpoints were my next gripe. I used to go through LAX and they were just the slowwwwest airport customs I have experienced. US flights from asia normally land in the mornings. When half a jumbo jet of 'aliens' come crashing at your gates, how many custom counters should you open? Two? Nah, you were thinking of the Malaysia-Thailand border at 6am. This is US of A, strongest bully country in the world; they do better. Three. Yes. For about 200 aliens. Subjecting each and every to detailed questioning and interviews, all in the name of 'national security'. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated. Thank You and move along you wuss...

BUT, surprise surprise! This trip has been the smoothest of all. I breezed through immigration checks in SFO under 10 minutes, including waiting. There were 8 to 9 counters opened today! Even with an trainee officer on my turn, it was over in 5 minutes. Now, this is what I call 'quality service'!!!

If only we can say the same for our JB lines on the last day of our Lion City's ubiqutous Long Weekends...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home